Friday, September 10, 2010

Trip to Snoopy Island

Setting off at 5:15, I caught the sun rising over the mountains that lead to Masafi. Snoopy Island is just offshore from the Sandy Beach Resort (75Dhs for a day). I snorkelled around Snoopy twice and saw many interesting fish and a turtle! Conditions were a bit choppy and visibility was about 10m.
Afterwards, I went for a look around the Le Meridian Fujairah which is the high building you can see in the distance - the best resort on the coast as far as I could see.
I also went up to the JAL Fujairah Hotel and Spa - it looked reasonable, but dated compared to the the Le Meridian. I drove on the Dibba, and then turned back to return by Fujairah. Next time I will take the Dibba route from Masafi as it will be shorter.
On the way back I found some nice plants are reasonable prices. Overall, a good day out. Would be nice to go back to the Le Meridian... And what are those boulders for?